Five Questions About Love Posed to a Loveland Favorite
1. If you had to choose one favorite love song, what would it be and why? Arthur Russell "Soon-To-Be Innocent Fun/Let’s See"
Not obvious and possibly not meant to be a love song but it fills my heart every time I hear it, sometimes with sorrow but that’s part of love, too.
2. Which step in designing your collection do you love most, and why?
I think it’s when I sit down at my bench to make the piece. I really love the actual process of making. Cutting the coins, forming silver, soldering, when it’s going well it is really meditative.
3. What do you love about your region of England, and specifically your village?
We moved here a few years ago to be near family & are still getting to know the area but our home is surrounded by nature & a river which is really important to me as we are not so near the sea now.
There are some very cool towns close to where we live but I love our town as it is pretty uncool.
4. What is your favorite love story, and why?
Cold comfort farm by Stella Gibbons. It looks at all different kinds of love & human nature, it’s quite a silly story & funny.
5. What do you love about coins, and when did the affair begin?
I am fascinated by the history of coins, the hands they have past through & what they have been spent on. All the stories they have been a part off & the fact they have no use now but I can give them one. I started collecting coins from car boot sales because of the images on them as illustrations has always followed me in my work.